Friday, August 13, 2010

Thoughts

The biggest most major difference that I notice since starting this raw food thing, is that I don't have that 3 o'clock eyelids-stuck-to-my-eyeballs feeling anymore. And, I don't need as much sleep either. Before, I'd need 10 hours of sleep to feel the way I feel now with only 8 hours of sleep.

Drinking so much coffee woke me up, but it would also give me that constant cat-darting-in-front-of-my-feet feeling. My movements were always super! charged! and now I'm way more chill.

I love feeling chill. I was slothing through the Old Navy parking lot today, and I almost annoyed myself at how chill I was. Chill people used to tick me off, because I was jealous I guess. I wanted to light a fire behind their butts to see if they were really alive or not. Must stop saying chill.

Chill.

I can't even obey myself.

Anyway. So. That's the big difference, is that I'm not exhausted and needing caffeine anymore.

Today I ate less greens and I feel a difference. I feel more bloaty and blech when I load up on too many nuts and dates and stuff like that. I can certainly tell when I don't have a green smoothie, so I make sure I have one before I eat anything else. Ideally, it feels really good when I have a green smoothie, and a big green leafy salad later in the day. Those two elements are a must-have for me for sure. I'd like to keep that going forever, even when I add back my precious double tall latte and my king-size Coffee Crisp.

Oh, I must add that I still get zits. Why? Because. I don't know. I was kinda hoping that this raw food cleansing thing would free me up in the teenage face department but apparently not.

It doesn't stop me from saying "chill" though. Chill chill chill.

Chill.




Chill. Chill.



Chill.

1 comment:

  1. ok, hilarious. I was just going to come over here and check it out again, and maybe suggest that you record how you're feeling in addition to the food you're eating :) and you already are.
    I love that you're feeling so chill. love it. just not enough to try it ;)

    ReplyDelete