Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 7th

Breakfast

-cup of tea sweetened with a bit of almond milk and raw honey
-bowl of ground up raw cashews, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and walnuts, chopped dried apricot, a spoonful of coconut and a splash of almond milk with a drizzle of agave nectar

Snack

-carrot sticks, a bunch of green grapes, and some cantelope (it says the spelling is supposed to be cantaloup, but it looks weird to me)

Lunch (not much because Carmen and I had gone shopping during lunchtime)

-half of a raw food bar (can't find the link)
-banana
-handful of raisins
-mug of tea

Dinner

-HUGE taco-ish salad made up of: spring greens, tomatoes and avocado with a dressing of: cilantro, garlic, Braggs seasoning, avocado, jalepeno pepper, and lime juice

Dessert

-hunk of dried papaya
-2 coconut carob balls


Snack
-banana split: smeared with raw almond butter and sprinkled with raisins
-mug of tea


3 comments:

  1. I just don't know what to say. I have never HEARD of half that stuff. It makes me panic a little inside and reach frantically for my Twix bar...particularly the "mug of tea"...I start to hyperventilate any time I think of life without coffee.
    Good on ya, my friend. Good on ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You didn't want to call it Raw Runs? bahahaha! hahahaha!!

    Sorry...

    You might like some of the recipes from the The Whole Life Nutrition web site. Especially the ones for the first phase of the elimination diet. The cinnamon date balls are REALLY good.

    http://www.nourishingmeals.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jen. It's not that bad. *whimper*

    Cutzi, I'm gonna check that site out right this second! Thanks! And yes, I was verrrry tempted to call it Raw Runs. But alas, there is a line...

    ReplyDelete