Thursday, February 3, 2011

Green Food, This is My Digestive Tract. Digestive Tract, Green Food.

I figure if I really want to get something done, I just post it on here. There's no way that I would publicly declare something and then not do it, especially if I had a couple of peeps join me for the ride!?!

Okay, it's not really a "ride", per se, and more of a "normal part of daily life". But since it's not a normal part of *my* daily life, then making it that would be a ride for me.

Why is eating vegetables so dang difficult for me? Ugh. I really do need to eat them. I had a nose bleed tonight, and I never ever have nose bleeds. And no, I was not picking my nose. It just bled when I blew it.

Ew.

One of my kids has a blood disorder and his hematologist told me that when he has nose bleeds, it's a sign that he needs to eat more green leafy vegetables. And since I had a nosebleed tonight, and since I can't remember the last time I ate green leafy vegetables, I figure I should probably start eating them. But there's no way I'd just decide to eat them and then actually eat them all by myself. I need to tell all of you guys that I will eat them, and then I'll eat them.

Sigh......

I exhaust myself.....

So, I don't even know how many veggies I'm supposed to eat per day, and frankly, I don't want to know because I'll just get frustrated and give it all up before I start. I'm just going to decide to have a green smoothie (about 2 cups of fresh spinach, half a cup of frozen blueberries and some water) every day, plus another cup of some sort of non-starchy vegetable that's cooked or fresh or whatever, doesn't matter.

And I'm going to do this every single day for the rest of February. And, I'll come on here and tell you ALL about it.

So what, it's February 3rd today? 25 days left...


No comments:

Post a Comment